Roasted aubergine, vegetable and chickpea curry recipe
Packed with seasonal vegetables, this makes a fabulous vegetarian dish. Try this dairy-free curry, served with gluten-free naan or rice. See method
Time: 15 mins to prepare and 45 mins to cook Serving: Serves
Cals: 210 calories / serving | Carbs: 23.3g | Protein: 8.6g | Fibre: 6.7g
- 1 medium aubergine
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Tesco Thai Massaman curry paste
- 350g (12oz) packet peeled and chopped sweet potato and butternut squash
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 400g (13oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 500ml (17fl oz) Tesco Free From coconut milk
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- large handful baby spinach leaves
- 150g (5oz) Tesco Free From natural yogurt
- handful flaked toasted almonds
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Tesco Free From naan breads or rice, to serve
- side salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Put the aubergine directly onto the oven shelf and roast for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes, until starting to soften. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a further minute. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes over a gentle heat, stirring continuously.
- Add the sweet potato and butternut squash, cauliflower florets, chickpeas, coconut milk and pinch of sea salt. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 20 minutes, until the potato and cauliflower are just soft.
- Peel the aubergine and remove the stalk. Roughly dice the flesh and add to the curry with the tomatoes and spinach leaves. Simmer for another 5 minutes, until all the ingredients are tender.
- Divide between bowls and top with a spoonful of Free From natural yogurt, flaked almonds and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or Tesco Free From naan breads and side salad.
See more Dairy-free recipes