Creamy korma-style sweet potato soup recipe
Enjoy all of the classic flavours of a creamy korma curry in this aromatic sweet potato soup recipe, made with crunchy peanut butter and warmly spiced with fragrant ginger, coriander and garlic. Make ahead for work lunches or ladle into bowls and enjoy immediately. You’d never guess, but this silky soup recipe is completely vegan and gluten-free! See method
Time: Serving: Serves
Cals: 353 calories / serving | Carbs: 50.3g | Protein: 8.9g | Fibre: 9g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 15g fresh coriander, leaves and stalks chopped separately
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 700g), peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp korma paste
- 1 vegetable stock pot, made up to 800ml
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Stockwell & Co. crunchy peanut butter
- 25g roasted peanuts, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry the onion for 10 mins, adding the garlic, ginger and coriander stalks for the last 2 mins. Stir in the sweet potato chunks and korma paste and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Pour in the stock and chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Turn down to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 mins or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Transfer to a blender and add the peanut butter and most of the coriander leaves. Blitz until smooth, then ladle into bowls and top with the chopped peanuts and remaining coriander leaves.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Make the soup, then leave to cool at room temperature. Freeze (without garnishes or toppings) in a rigid container, leaving a bit of space for expansion, for up to 1-3 months. Reheat either from frozen or defrost in the fridge overnight. Once piping hot, add toppings or garnishes and serve.
See more Soup recipes