Cauliflower and potato curry recipe
Switch your Friday night takeaway for a healthy vegetarian alternative with this flavourful cauliflower and potato curry. Packed with potato, spinach, cauliflower and vibrant spices, it’s the perfect winter warmer for a chilly evening meal. See method
Time: 10 mins to prepare and 1 hr 10 mins to cook Serving: Serves
Cals: 138 calories / serving | Carbs: 15.4g | Protein: 5.9g | Fibre: 3.9g
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into ‘steaks’ about 1.5cm thick, leaves reserved
- 150g new potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2½ tsp medium curry powder
- 200g frozen Indian-inspired base mix
- 1½ tsp garam masala
- 500ml passata
- 1 vegetable stock pot, made up to 400ml
- 200g frozen whole leaf spinach
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the cauliflower, cauliflower leaves and potatoes in a lipped oven tray (40 x 28 x 2cm). Combine 1 tbsp oil, the turmeric and 1 tsp curry powder in a small bowl; season. Brush over the top side of the cauliflower and potatoes. Roast for 20 mins, then remove from the tray and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the Indian-inspired base mix for 5 mins over a medium heat. Add the remaining curry powder and garam masala and cook for 1 min. Tip into a blender, add the passata and stock, then blitz until smooth. Pour back into the pan over a medium heat, add the spinach and season: cook for 5 mins until the spinach has wilted.
- Pour the sauce into the tray that was used to roast the veg. Put the cauliflower and potatoes on top, golden side up, and cook for 35-40 mins. Scatter with coriander and chilli; serve with lime wedges.
Tip: Short on freezer space? Swap out the Indian-inspired base mix for 1 chopped onion, 2 chopped garlic cloves, a chopped 2cm piece ginger and 1 chopped red chilli.
See more Curry recipes